Hanan Gazit, PhD
Research & Development interests:
- Gamification apps Design
- Engaging interactions R& D
- [location] Game Based Learning
- Location Game-Based Marketing and social media
- Digital Worlds design and development
- Digital Games Studies
- E-learning Design & Assessment
- Lavee, Z., & Gazit, E. (2012). World of Warcraft (WOW) guild conflict management insights for organizations leadership building. In: Proceedings of the 10th Annual Conference of MEITAL-The Israeli Inter-University Center for E-Learning (IUCEL). In: Yair, Y., & Shmueli, E. (Eds.). Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 10th of July, 2012. (pp. 66-73).
- Gazit, E. (2010). A window on digital games interactions in home settings. In: Ferdig, R. E (Ed.) Handbook of Research on Effective Electronic Gaming in Education, Vol 1, (pp.127-145). IGI Global Press.
- Gazit, E., Yair, Y., & Chen, D. (2006). The gain and pain in taking the pilot seat: Learning dynamics in a non immersive virtual solar system, Virtual Reality, 10 (3-4), 271-282.
- PostDoc scholarship Virtual Reality Lab. Caesarea Rothschild Institute, University of Haifa. 2005
- The Sakta-Rashi National Scholarship for outstanding Science Education PhD Candidates, 2003-2005.
- The Dean's PhD Excellence Scholarship, Tel-Aviv University, 2002.
- The Kushnir's M.A Excellence Scholarship, Tel-Aviv University, 1999.
- Advance Games apps design for Teens with special needs (2013). The Higher Education Council, 30K.
Selected invited presentations and workshops:
- Gazit, E. (2013). Assessment for Learning (AFL) with Gamification in the classroom. Games and Education Conference for teachers. Tel-Aviv Pedagogical Center, Tel-Aviv. 23d of September, 2013. (invited).
- Gazit, E. (2012). The Gamification or the Fun-Gineering of Learning. SHILUVIM Alumni Association, The TAU Engineering Faculty Graduates Business Club "Web Learning" Event. Tel-Aviv University, Ramat-Aviv. 7th of August, 2012. (invited).
- Lavee, Z., & Gazit, E. (2012). World of Warcraft (WOW) guild conflict management insights for organizations leadership building.
The 10th Annual MEITAL National e-learning Conference, IUCC. The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 10th of July, 2012.
- Gazit, E. (2011). Life as a Game: Five Reasons Why We Should Gamify
Business and Education. The Web Present and future trends Symposium, Info2011 Conference. 18th of May, 2011.
- Gazit, E., & Ravid, O. (2011). Second Life Avatar in the foot steps of people with special needs: Interaction
and Docu-Machinima in virtual worlds for higher education teaching, The MOFET Institute Third International Online Conference, "Opening Gates in Teacher
Education, 2011: Teacher Education in the Age of Globalization, 25-26st of January, 2011.
(2010). Virtual Worlds Second Life avatar and
beyond for higher education. The 8th Annual MEITAL National e-learning
Conference, IUCC. The Open University campus, Raanana, 29th of June, 2010. (pre-conference workshop).
- Gazit, E.
(2010). Avatar Journey: Learning in virtual world of Second Life and beyond. The Gifted Children Center, 20th of January, Raannan, Israel.
E., & Burden, D. (2010). Avatar PIVOTE: Effective simulations in virtual worlds. The SR Symposium, 10th of January, IBM R&D IBM Labs, University of Haifa,
Lavee, Z., & Gazit, E. (2009). World of Warcraft (WOW) guild conflict management case study: Lessons for business organizations. The Israeli
Chapter SLACTIONS 2009 Virtual Global Conference, 24th of September, The
MOFET Institute, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
E. (2009-on). Using virtual worlds for learning and teaching in the educational
system. The MOFET Institute Virtual Worlds Forum. The
MOFET Institute, Tel-Aviv, Israel. (workshop).
E. (2009). Future trends of virtual worlds for business. HP Israel
Managers Forum, 30 of
April, Raanana, Israel.
- Gazit, E. (2008). The future of the Web3D for the Y-generation is here! Educational potential and risks, The Annual Eshnav Summer Conference "Childern in Virtual Worlds", 17th of June 2008, Rishon-LeZion, Israel.
- Gazit, E. (2008). The challenges and the potential of the Web3D. The Computer Science Seminar, Computer Science Department. H.I.T-Holon Institute of Technology, 3th of June 2008, Holon, Israel.
- Gazit, E. (2008). Possible cultural implications of Machinima: A new narrative medium for the Y-[tube] Generation.The First Israeli Popular Culture Conference: Rules of Disorder Shifting Boundaries, Emerging Realities and New Identities, Cinematec Tel Aviv May 15, 2008.
- Gazit, E. (2008). The future of virtual worlds business for the Y-generation, The Annual Design-COMMerce-Technology-Culture08 Conference, H.I.T-Holon Institute of Technology, 5th of May 2008, Holon, Israel.
- Gazit, E. (2008). The challenge of studying interactions in virtual worlds. Virtual Worlds workshop. The IDC Herzliya, 18th of Januray 2008, Herzliya, Israel.
- Gazit, E. (2007). Virtual Worlds: The next big thing or the biggest Web 2.0 bubble?, BrownBag Lecture, Amdocs, 27st of November, 2007 Raanana, Israel.
- Gazit, E. (2007). Mobile Games: Big lessons from small screens research-Pervasive Games and the importance of Soundscape in future mobile games design. The Mobile Games Convention “Bringing fun to the Masses”, 16th of September, Tel-Aviv University, Israel.